Birstall Golf Club – Head Professional
Are you a skilled PGA Professional seeking a new and exciting opportunity? Birstall Golf Club is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Head PGA Professional.
As the PGA Professional, you will play a pivotal role in delivering an exceptional golfing experience for our members and guests. You will be responsible for providing high-quality golf instruction, organizing and coordinating tournaments/competitions, managing the pro shop, and overall course management.
The Club will provide a suitable office and retail space from which the Club professional may operate their business, and will contract them to provide services to the club.
1. Deliver exceptional golf instruction to all skill levels, ensuring a positive learning experience for members and guests.
2. Manage the pro shop, ensuring merchandise is well-maintained and adequately stocked.
3. Provide professional club fitting and equipment advice to members and guests.
4. Assist with course management, tee booking, green fees, group bookings and membership enquiries.
5. Create a welcoming atmosphere and build strong relationships with members, fostering a sense of community.
Applicants will need to supply a CV to email@example.com outlining their qualifications and recent work history, as well as their accomplishments in golf. Closing date 19th November 2023.
Applicants should also supply a cover letter outlining their suitability for the Head Professional role at Birstall Golf Club, and answering these questions:
• Why are you interested in the role of Head Professional at Birstall Golf Club, and why have you chosen to apply at this point in your career?
• Increasing the number of 5-day and full playing members is paramount to the success of the club. As Head Professional, how could you support efforts to increase our membership base?
• What would you hope to achieve in terms of junior membership development within your first 12 months at the club?
• Excellent customer service is key for the Head Professional role. Please give an example of when you’ve delivered an outstanding customer experience. What was the impact of your approach?
• What do you think are some of the most pressing challenges faced by golf clubs, and especially members clubs, at the moment?
An indication of notice period in your current role would be helpful, although won’t be considered as a factor for shortlisting candidates.
Please also provide details of two people who can provide references on your behalf. Ideally one should be your current or previous employer. Referees will not be approached until candidates reach the final shortlist stage – we will advise candidates at the point that we are to approach their referees.
Birstall Golf Club - Assistant Greenkeeper
Birstall Golf Club was founded in 1901, it is situated to the north of Leicester and enjoys magnificent views over the city, the hills of Charnwood Forest, and to the east towards Rutland.
Knowledge and Experience required:
• Experience in a similar role.
• NVQ Level 2 with a desire to undertake further education and continued Professional Development (CPD)
• PA1, 2 and 6 certificates (desirable).
• Qualified chainsaw operator (desirable).
• Driving License.
• High standards of course quality and presentation with an eye for detail. High professional and personal standards.
• Some knowledge of Health & Safety working practices.
• Flexibility and willingness to work outside regular working hours when necessary.
• Competitive salary
• Ongoing Training & Development
• BIGGA membership
• Full membership of the club and facilities
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and covering, detailing the attributes and qualities that make you the ideal candidate for the role via email to:
(Private & Confidential)
Closing Date: Sunday 26th November 2023